Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting Impatiently....

Back around Christmas, I noticed Kevin Callan had a new book coming out.  I love his books, and I love camping cook books, so you can imagine I was thrilled to see his next release was a camping cookbook.

Originally, the release date was March 5th...I'm sure it was because Squatch was waiting for the new Tomb Raider game which came out on the same day.  We were both bouncy with excitement, but when I went online to check availability in the local Chapters, I noticed the date had changed to March 19th.  I almost cried, I swear.

So, yesterday, I got up, and checked online again...and none of the stores nearby had it in stock.  I thought this was a little weird.  I could order it online, but not pick it up in stores.  I found this to be really strange.  As an author, even though my books aren't published straight to print format, I'd always assumed that when a book comes out on a certain date, it's actually available on that date.  I can't see it being any other way for a best selling author like Stephen King or Nora Roberts.  I know there's a difference between a best selling novel and a niche market reference book, but I just didn't expect there'd be any difference.  Even more, I would have thought the Peterborough Chapters would have had it since he's a local author.

Very disappointing.  I might just have to go ahead and order it online...though I might have run up the credit card booking camp sites for this summer...I'll have to check.  Here's the link if anyone else is interested in buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment