Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Experiment #3: Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal

Super simple.  The kids said it needed more sweetness, but I don't think adding more sugar to something that already has chocolate in it is a good idea for breakfast.

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup one minute oats
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp miniature chocolate chips

Bring the water to a boil, add oats.  Cook and stir for one minute.  Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.

I really like this one, but then I'm pretty much sold as soon as someone says chocolate.  Squatch agreed with me and ate his whole sample serving.  Bubbie ate about 1/16th of a teaspoons worth and said it was too bland.  I was watching her like a hawk and noted she had no chocolate in her nibble (it was way too small to call it a bite) and tried to get her to eat more.  You'd think she was two rather than almost twelve.

I tend to like my oatmeal a little less thick, and the peanut butter makes it almost pasty.  If you like your oatmeal on the runnier side, add a bit more water.

Yet again I didn't take pictures...but to be honest, it just looked like a bowl of brown goo with darker brown spots so you aren't missing much.

This was originally printed on the Better Homes and Garden's website.  Their picture is actually very nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment