Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Little Behind...

I'm falling behind on getting all my posts up.  We went camping at Pog Lake in Algonquin, did a day paddle in Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park, and I tried out several new recipes I want to share.  In the next few weeks I'll be heading back to Mew Lake at Algonquin, possibly going to the Wolf Sanctuary at Haliburton Forest and doing the Walk in the Clouds, attending a family reunion type thing at Chris's parents place, then going camping at Restoule Provincial Park with his sister.

I realized as I was doing the recipe write ups that I didn't take pictures of the food when I made it!  Doah!  I'd hoped to make little videos to demonstrate how to make some of the recipes, but I never had anyone there to hold the camera while I cooked.  I guess I'll have to haul out the tripod for my next trips.

Also, there's a fire ban now in effect for Algonquin.  No fires at all in the back country and the only time you can have a fire in the organized campgrounds on highway 60 is between 7pm and 10pm.  Also, you aren't allowed to use barbecues where you add charcoal briquets, so I'm guessing that means no cooking with a dutch oven either.  That's to be expected.  We've had hardly any rain this summer at all, and I'm kind of surprised Algonquin waited so long.  Gotta love the need to keep tourists happy, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment